WhatsApp have started notifying users that there information will now be shared with Facebook and other apps associated with Facebook.
By February 8, everyone using WhatsApp must have agreed to sharing their personal information on Facebook.
If you agree to WhatsApp new Privacy Police for 2021, here are your information that will be shared with Facebook.
1. Account registration information such as your phone number
2. Your profile picture and profile information
3. The phone numbers of your whatsApp contacts
4. Transaction and payments data such as your ATM card details
5. Location information
6. Information about your device such as the model, operating system, and mobile network
7. Other information, including your IP address, device operations information, and identifiers
8. Your chats with Business WhatsApp owners (People who hosted their business on Facebook)
What Can Facebook Do With All These Information
But then, they can do a whole lot more with these information. Imagine someone you’re avoiding has access to all these information about you just by scanning through Facebook or other apps related to Facebook.
See what WhatsApp’s director of policy for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Niamh Sweeney said;
So, what about Africa and the rest of the world. It’s just obvious that Mark Zuckerberg and his companies don’t rate us at all that’s why they feel they can do anything with our information.😡😡
Although, your normal chats with people are still encrypted (Only the sender and receiver can see it).
But if you’re chatting with WhatsApp business owners, just know that the chats are being stored with Facebook.
Meanwhile, Tesla and SpaceX founder, Elon Muskhas advised people to switch from WhatsApp to other messaging platforms that respects privacy.
According to him, people should consider moving away from WhatsApp to Telegram or Signal App.
These two messaging Apps have received huge amount of downloads as people are already preparing towards dumping WhatsApp for good.
Telegram or Signal App are the safest messaging platform to use now as they won’t share your information with other companies.
Guys, What Are Your Thoughts On This?
Do You Think This Is The Beginning Of An End To WhatsApp Era?
Drop your comments